This tutorial assumes you already have an existing email account created with us, or you've created your own in your Mail Control Panel.
Now lets learn how to configure your Windows Mobile Phone with your existing email account. Remember, your username is the mail account's full email address.
From the home screen, swipe to find and tap on Settings... Email & Accounts... then Add an Account.
Then tap Advanced Setup.
Enter your email address and the password for your email account and tap Next.
Tap Internet Email Account.
This is where you have to define your server settings for both your incoming and your outgoing mail:
- Account name: Enter a name/description for the account.
- Your name: Enter the name you want your recipients to see when they receive your messages.
- Incoming email server: mailx.hosts.net.nz
- Account type: POP3 or IMAP
- User name: Your full email address.
- Password: Your email account password.
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mailx.hosts.net.nz
Select Outgoing Server Requires Authentication and Use the same user name and password for sending email.
Tap Advanced Settings.
Tap Require SSL for incoming email.
Tap Require SSL for outgoing email.
Tap sign in.
That's it! We've successfully configured your Windows Mobile Phone to send and receive email using our email account.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to configure an email account on a Windows Mobile Phone with your existing email account.